Welcome to the Physical Education department. We pride ourselves on an ethos of providing opportunities for all students to access Physical Education and Sport. This is reflected in our, inclusive, Key Stage 3 and 4 core programme, and our Key stage 4 option course.
Not only do we have an inclusive curriculum structure but we also offer extra- curricular opportunities for our students to develop their practical ability, have fun or develop their theoretical knowledge of Physical Education through support classes.
Students are also able to compete against other schools in academy fixtures across various sports and have the opportunity to attend trials to represent the District in a wide variety of events.
Our Key Stage 3 curriculum offers two lessons of Physical Education each week covering a range of sports and activities across each year. We aim to instil an enthusiastic and positive approach towards sports and physical activities to help students lead active, healthy lifestyles. We develop students’ practical ability, and appreciation of tactics and strategy, through individual and team sports as well as activities to promote health, fitness and well-being.
If you would like further information about the topics and themes being taught please contact:
Miss. L. Connor – email@example.com
Our Key Stage 4 curriculum offers two lessons a week of Physical Education in year 9 and one lesson each week for years 10 and 11. Our aim is to motivate and inspire students to take responsibility for their own well-being and adopt a healthy, active lifestyle which we hope they will take with them when they leave Outwood Academy Bishopsgarth as lifelong learners.
• Purple polo top
• Black shorts
• Rugby top
• Black football socks, long not short
• Black tracksuit bottoms for winter, plain without branded logos
• Trainers (not canvas fashion pumps as these to do not give enough support or protection)
• Football boots for football and rugby
We strongly recommend:
• Gum shield – for rugby
• Shin pads – for football
• Academy tracksuit top
• Academy tracksuit bottoms
• 3/4 zip fleece
• Unable to participate – you will still need to bring kit as you will be asked to be an official or coach. We will also need a note from your guardian to explain why you are not able to participate
• Forgotten kit – you will be expected to borrow our freshly laundered kit and a detention will be given.
• Health and safety – no jewellery or watches allowed, and hair must be tied back (girls and boys!).
• Effort – We expect that you always try your best. While there may be future sports stars amongst you, we simply want all of you to be the best that you can and enjoy the opportunities provided.